[openib-general] Please don't commit without maintainer approval

Shirley Ma xma at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 10 10:48:05 PDT 2006

Roland,

>As we've said many times, the kernel is not released by openib.  It is
>released by Linus.  The neighbour destructor patch was in kernel
2.6.17-rc1.

I meant the IPoIB destructor work around patch for kernel less than
2.6.17.
It is in 2.6.17-rc1 already?

It's pretty confusing. When I looked at openib-1.0-rc2 release tree, there
is an
ipoib directory, which doesn't include IPoIB destructor patch.
/gen2/tags/openib-1.0-rc2/src/linux-kernel/infiniband/ulp/ipoib

Sorry for bother you same question many times.
Why ipoib is a part of openib-1.0-rc2 when it's already a part of kernel
release,
and they are not the same?

Thanks
Shirley Ma