[openib-general] Re: Please don't commit without maintainer approval

Shirley Ma xma at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 10 12:01:37 PDT 2006

"Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst at mellanox.co.il> wrote on 04/10/2006 11:49:16 AM:

> than 2.6.17.
> > >
> > > This has been discussed here:
> > > http://openib.org/pipermail/openib-general/2006-April/019563.html

> > > Yes.
> >
> > I have checked 2.6.17-rc1. I couldn't see the above patch
> (ipoib_all_neigh_list_lock) there.
>
> Oh, I see. Its not needed on 2.6.17. What's there is
> commit c5ecd62c25400a3c6856e009f84257d5bd03f03b
>
> More to the point - does IPoIB still crash for you in 2.6.17-rc1?
>
> --
> MST

I haven't tested 2.6.17-rc1 yet.

The problem is we need to run most recent ipoib on the old kernel.
Which is the reason we need this workaround patch to be upper stream
or as a part of kernel patch for RC2 release.

When do you think this workaround patch is to be upper stream?

Thanks
Shirley Ma
IBM Linux Technology Center
15300 SW Koll Parkway