[openib-general] tcpdump command issue on IB network

Bob Woodruff robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Tue Apr 11 09:40:58 PDT 2006

Roland wrote,

>    Dotan> I think that maybe the problem is not in the user level
>    Dotan> stack or in the utilities , but in the linux kernel (in the
>    Dotan> module that handles this socket ioctl)

>Yes, the problem is in a patch that Red Hat applies to the 2.6.9
>kernel in RHEL4.  Full details are in the bugzilla entry that Scott posted.

Yes, I recall it was a problem caused when they changed the the HW
address for InfiniBand, but did not know the specifics.
Removing the overflow check will fix the kernel
part, but I think the  userspace utilites might also need to be changed or
recompiled
to make sure the structure sizes match, Right ?

woody