[openib-general] RHEL4ASU3 question

Roger Heflin rheflin at atipa.com
Tue Apr 11 13:47:42 PDT 2006

Hello,

I have noticed the recent tcpdump issue related with the RHEL4U3
kernel, I have a cluster to install with Infiniband support and
Redhat EL as the distribution.

I am not completely sure exactly what RHEL4U3 comes with in
terms of the Infiniband support, it definitely has parts of the
OpenIB stuff on it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on exactly how to proceed, here
are the options as I see it:

Use what RHEL4U3 has.
Replace RHEL4U3 kernel with newest released kernel.org kernel and
        compile the OpenIB userspace tools for it.

Usage wise the customer is going to be using it as a HPC cluster,
so mvapich definitely needs to work, but other things that don't
matter to an HPC cluster don't matter so much.

                            Roger
			   Atipa Technologies