[openib-general] Query on Open IB drivers on DUAL HCA

Dotan Barak dotanb at mellanox.co.il
Wed Apr 12 02:18:50 PDT 2006

Hi.

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 12:09, Yathi Shetty (yathiraj) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does the open Ib support DUAL HCA servers. I tried it on a Sun V20 Z
> with dual HCA, but got the HCA failed to come up. I get an yellow
> exclamation mark on the HCA. Uninstalling also doesn't help. Any
> suggestions ?

The openib stack (should) support more than one HCA in an host.

In our lab we have several machines with 2 (Mellanox) HCAs, and they work without any problem.

can you give some info about this issue?
(which HCAs, which OS, which driver version, dump of the /var/log/messages about this problem ..)

thanks
Dotan