[openib-general] [RFC] Would like to cut a new release candidate

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at pathscale.com
Wed Apr 12 15:35:34 PDT 2006

Since the 1.0 RC2 tag in SVN contains kernel code (which led to
confusion), and Hal wanted to get a few more diag-related changes into
RC2 for people to use, we are tossing around the idea of tagging another
release candidate.  I've suggested calling it RC2.1, since it's only
slightly different from RC2: no kernel source at all, and some diag
changes.

Does anyone have any objections?

By the way, Tziporet and I have discussed syncing up the release
candidate numbers for the next IBED and OF release candidates, to reduce
a possible source of confusion.  This will mean that OF will hop from
RC2.1 to RC4, while IBED will step to RC4.  The posited date for the
release of both is May 1.

	<b