[openib-general] RHEL4ASU3 question

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Apr 12 18:29:28 PDT 2006

Hello Don,

> We are running RHEL4 U3 and the MVAPICH version from the OpenIB gen2 trunk.  We
> were able to run the OSU benchmark tests (osu_bw, osu_bibw, and osu_latency)
> with the Mellanox SDR cards successfully, but when we swapped out the cards for
> DDR cards, we ran into some problems. We can run some MPI jobs like the simple
> "calculate pi" job (cpi.c),  and we can run an MPING application, but when we
> try to run the benchmark tests, we get the following:
>
> [koa] (ib) ib> mpirun_rsh -np 2 koa jatoba /home/ib/mpi/tests/osu/osu_bw
> # OSU MPI Bandwidth Test (Version 2.1)
> # Size          Bandwidth (MB/s)
> [0] Abort: [koa.az05.bull.com:0] Got completion with error, code=1
>  at line 2148 in file viacheck.c
> mpirun_rsh: Abort signaled from [0]
> done.

Currently we do not have RHEL4U3 installed on any machine. We are
installing those and will get back to you. We have plenty of machines
with RHEL4U2 and OpenIB (1.0 branch) seems to work just fine with them.

Just a question, when you compiled MVAPICH, did you choose the DDR
option when prompted by make.mvapich.gen2?

Oh yes, another question. Is this reproducible with OpenIB built from
the 1.0 branch or trunk instead of the stock RedHat RPM?

Thanks,
Sayantan.

--
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~surs