[openib-general] Trying to compile mvapich RHEL4U3 for ib.

Scott Weitzenkamp (sweitzen) sweitzen at cisco.com
Thu Apr 13 08:12:15 PDT 2006

> Yes, I am trying the default version of RHEL4U3, alot of our
> customers would much rather use unmodified RHEL, though I can probably
> talk them out of it with a bit of work.   They have some strange
> ideas that RHEL is somehow "guaranteed" to work right, and from
> what I can tell it won't completely work just because RH did not
> include a IB mpi variant, at least not one that I can find.

I didn't try MVAPICH, but I had no luck getting Open MPI 1.0.1 to work
with the RHEL4 U3 OpenIB code.

The RHEL4 U3 relnotes are pretty clear that its included OpenIB is a
technology preview not for production environments, and the APIs are
subject to change (which they already did comparing RHEL4 U3 to OF 1.0).

I think you are much better off trying the OF 1.0 code.

Scott Weitzenkamp
SQA Manager
Cisco Systems