[openib-general] Trying to compile mvapich RHEL4U3 for ib.

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Apr 13 09:27:33 PDT 2006

Hello Roger,

I'm just CC-ing this to openib-general for the community.

Thanks for giving us access. I have verified that the
`ibv_get_device_list' verb is indeed *missing* from the OpenIB install.
I'm afraid that given this Redhat rpm, it is difficult to get mvapich to
work (without patching it).

As Roland and others have indicated, perhaps the best way is for you to
upgrade to atleast the 1.0 branch. That should be the most stable OpenIB
release yet.

https://openib.org/svn/gen2/branches/1.0/src/userspace/

You should be able to keep the kernel stuff intact and just upgrade the
user level support (management, libibverbs, libmthca). You may skip
upgrading management, however it'll be best to upgrade it too, lest you
face any OpenSM issues.

Thanks,
Sayantan.