[openib-general] opensm issues on 64 node RHEL4 cluster?

Troy Benjegerdes troy at scl.ameslab.gov
Thu Apr 13 12:35:02 PDT 2006

We just moved a cluster over to the latest redhat release, and opensm
seems to be having issues.

This is running the redhat provided kernel and opensm packages

[root at hal2004 troy]# uname -r
2.6.9-34.ELsmp
[root at hal2004 troy]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 4 (Nahant Update 3)

[root at hal2004 troy]# rpm -qi opensm
Name        : opensm                       Relocations: (not
relocatable)
Version     : 1.0                               Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 0.4265.2.EL4                  Build Date: Thu 02 Feb 2006
02:24:15 PM CST
Install Date: Tue 14 Mar 2006 12:35:09 PM CST      Build Host:
hs20-bc1-7.build.redhat.com
Group       : System Environment/Base       Source RPM:
opensm-1.0-0.4265.2.EL4.src.rpm
Size        : 1122289                          License: GPL/BSD
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Thu 16 Feb 2006 01:45:15 PM CST, Key ID
219180cddb42a60e
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         : https://openib.org/svn/gen2/trunk

The opensm log file is at:

http://scl.ameslab.gov/~troy/64-node-RHEL4-osm.log.gz

Should I go ahead and grab the opensm from the latest subversion and see
if it's any better?