[openib-general] IB initialization

Chris Worley worleys at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 07:19:38 PDT 2006

I installed the SuSE 10 OpenIB RC2 RPMS.

The installation went well, but I'm stuck at the startup.

As an IBGD user, I'm used to an init file in /etc/init.d... but there was none.

>From the wiki, I was able to glean:

            Make the udev file:

# cat > /etc/udev/rules.d/40-infiniband.rules
KERNEL="umad*", NAME="infiniband/%k"
KERNEL="issm*", NAME="infiniband/%k"

             Install some modules:

modprobe ib_ucm
modprobe ib_cm
modprobe ib_uverbs
modprobe ib_umad

And make sure udev is running, and start the opensm.

I've done this on all nodes, and ibstat shows I have a link up and
running on every node.  Opensm doesn't show any scanning.  It's been
hung all night at:

# opensm --console
OpenSM Rev:openib-1.2.0
Based on OpenIB svn Exported revision
Command Line Arguments:
 Enabling OpenSM interactive console
 Log File: /var/log/osm.log
OpenSM Rev:openib-1.2.0 OpenIB svn Exported revision

Using default guid 0x2c9020020c3ce

OpenSM Console

$ Entering MASTER state

SUBNET UP

IPoIB isn't up.  ibv_rc_pingpong doesn't work.  Neither does ibv_devinfo.

Is there a definitive guide on the initialization of the drivers and fabric?

Also, is there an MVAPICH2 for SuSE 10 RPM?

Thanks,

Chris