[openib-general] How do we prevent starvation say between TCP over IPOIB / and SRP traffic ?

Richard Frank Richard.Frank at oracle.com
Wed Apr 19 09:38:43 PDT 2006

Some application level protocols - require higher QoS levels than others
- for various communication and I/O operations.

For example, cluster inter-node health msgs have fixed latency
requirements that if exceeded may result in unexpected node removals
from the cluster.

Are there any mechanisms available to the client process to manage the
QoS level for the various supported ULPs (SDP,TCP,UDP,RDS,SRP,iSER,etc)
either at the ULP level or some combination of process and ULP - or
perhaps even at the connection level ?

Using the same example, the cluster node monitors might set the
priority / QoS level of the heart beats to be more important than normal
SRP/iSER traffic to ensure no starvation ?