[openib-general] How do we prevent starvation say between TCP over IPOIB / and SRP traffic ?

Richard Frank Richard.Frank at oracle.com
Thu Apr 20 13:28:15 PDT 2006

Currently, all I have is problem to resolve. We will think about a
general model..

For Oracle to support running RAC on a single fabric - assuming the
fabric is utilized for both network (inter node cluster com) plus
storage I/O - we need to limit /control latencies of cluster network
msgs such that increasing the storage I/O load does not impact the QoS
requirements for cluster network comm.

A globally set service level / QoS for cluster network traffic such that
it has better / more stringent QoS requirements than storage I/O traffic
would meet our needs.

However, having the capability to define service levels on a per
connection or ULP or process basis is interesting too.