[openib-general][patch review] srp: fmr implementation,

Vu Pham vuhuong at mellanox.com
Fri Apr 21 14:02:50 PDT 2006

> Thanks.  Can you explain what the bug causing the crash is?  I'd like
> to understand the "why" of this patch.

1. srp_unmap_data() and srp_remove_req() for
.eh_abort_handler(scmnd)
    a. abort get timeout or
    b. req->cmd_done or
    c. !req->tsk_status
2. we should do step (1) for .eh_abort_handler(scmnd) only
and don't do step 1 for .eh_device_reset_handler(scmnd)
since same scsi command is used for all .eh_handler()
3. scsi command is used in all .eh_handler() will be freed
by scsi midlayer at the end of error handling sequences
4. If we don't do step 1, scsi command which is used in all
.eh_handler() and freed is still in our pending queue and is
referenced in srp_reconnect_target() / reinit request ring

Vu