[openib-general] Re: RFC: cma: need rdma_unbind

Tom Tucker tom at opengridcomputing.com
Mon Apr 24 16:15:26 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 17:43 -0500, Tom Tucker wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 01:34 +0300, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> > Quoting r. Tom Tucker <tom at opengridcomputing.com>:
> > > What specifically are you trying to implement ... shutdown()?
> >
> > No, graceful close in SDP combined with REUSEADDR.
>
> So, the app calls disconnect (or shutdown). You want to disallow
> application send and/or receive, but you still want to send the SDP
> DISCONNECT control message. Is that it?

FYI, an application calling shutdown() does not release the port
synchronously. It is only released after the peers have negotiated the
close. For SDP, I think this means that both peers have sent and
received the SDP DisConn message and/or AbortConn message _AND_ you have
shutdown the LLP (called rdma_disconnect).  It is not until after this
point that you can expect the port to be reuse-able.