[openib-general] RFC: detecting duplicate MAD requests

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Fri Apr 28 15:44:03 PDT 2006

Sean Hefty wrote:
> I'd like to propose that the MAD layer detect duplicate requests.  After a
> request MAD has been handed to a client, its context would be maintained until
> the user calls ib_free_recv_mad(), allowing duplicate requests to be discarded.

I should add that this also provides context that the MAD layer can use when
performing DS RMPP.  On the initiator side, DS RMPP would be detected by an RMPP
request that expected a response.  (This assumes that the response is also
RMPP.)  On the responder side, DS RMPP is detected when an RMPP response is sent