[openib-general] Re: RFC: detecting duplicate MAD requests

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Sat Apr 29 12:48:15 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Sean Hefty <sean.hefty at intel.com>:
> I'd like to propose that the MAD layer detect duplicate requests.  After a
> request MAD has been handed to a client, its context would be maintained until
> the user calls ib_free_recv_mad(), allowing duplicate requests to be discarded.

I understand that this is along the lines of the approach poposed by Jack a
while ago:

https://openib.org/svn/trunk/contrib/mellanox/gen2/patches/mad_rmpp_requester_retry.patch

with the difference that duplicate request detection will be handled by full
GID/TID/class/request/response matching, and not just TID matching.
Right?

--
MST