[openib-general] the QP attribute have a double defenition of the QP primary port

Dotan Barak dotanb at mellanox.co.il
Sun Apr 30 01:10:42 PDT 2006

Hi.

I think that we have a problem with the primary port number in the QP attributes.

In the IB spec:
	in the transition RESET->INIT, the primary port is required.
	in the transition INIT->RTR, the address vector is required for connected QPs.

In the driver:
	in the transition RESET->INIT, the primary port is required (the mask IBV_QP_PORT is required)
	in the transition INIT->RTR, the port number is one of the attributes of the address vector (which mean there are 2 attributes which define the QP port number).

I think that there are 2 problems with this implementation:
1) the user can use two different values for those port numbers (in mthca driver, the port number that was defined in the address vector will be used)
2) the user can define / change the QP port number in the transition INIT->RTR (which means a IB spec violation)

what do you think about this issue?

thanks
Dotan