[openib-general] xt3 troubles (with OFED 1.0.1)

Makia Minich minich at ornl.gov
Tue Aug 1 14:39:49 PDT 2006

So, after flailing about with my IPOIB issue on the XT3, I decided that
perhaps a firmware upgrade (from 3.3.3 to 3.4.0) might be in order.  Prior
to the upgrade, I was able to bring the entire stack online and see the
infiniband network (provided I refrained from ifconfig'ing the ipoib
interfaces).  Now, on loading ib_mthca I get the following out of dmesg:

ib_mthca: Mellanox InfiniBand HCA driver v0.08 (February 14, 2006)
ib_mthca: Initializing 0000:04:00.0
PCI: Unable to reserve mem region #3:ffffffffffe00000 at ff000000 for device
0000:04:00.0
ib_mthca 0000:04:00.0: Cannot obtain PCI resources, aborting.
ib_mthca: probe of 0000:04:00.0 failed with error -16

I saw an early-2005 thread about the P615 that seemed to have the same
problem, but I couldn't find a resolution.  Does anyone know what might be
able to be done?  Or perhaps where I should start looking?

Thanks...
--
Makia Minich <minich at ornl.gov>
National Center for Computation Science