[openib-general] [libibcm] does the libibcm support multithreaded applications?

Dotan Barak dotanb at mellanox.co.il
Sun Aug 6 06:50:52 PDT 2006

On Thursday 03 August 2006 19:15, Sean Hefty wrote:
> Dotan Barak wrote:
> > I'm trying to use the libibcm in a multithreaded test and i get weird
> > failures (instead of RTU event i get a DREQ event).
>
> This is possible sequence.  If the RTU is lost, or the connecting client aborts
> before sending the RTU, a DREQ can occur.
>
> > Does the libibcm supports multi threading applications?
> > (every thread have it's own CM device and each one of them listen is
> > using a different service ID)
>
> There's nothing (other than an unknown bug) that should prevent a multi-threaded
> application from running.

I have a multithreaded test (qp_test) and i tried to add support to the libibcm:
every thread is calling the ib_cm_get_device function and get a cm_device_handle.
I checked the handles and it seems that both of the threads get the same CM device handle,
thing which causes to thread X sometimes get the event which i wanted to send to thread Y.

How should a multithreaded application need to work with the libibcm?

thanks
Dotan