[openib-general] OFED 1.0 kernel sources

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue Aug 8 01:32:21 PDT 2006

James Lentini wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Tziporet Koren wrote:
>

>> best to take the sources from the release tarball
>>

> That is what I was doing. The problem is that the source file
> for the ib_ping module is in the release, but not the matching
> kernel sources.

Due to the way we build OFED 1.0, some kernel sources were taken from
the git tree, and some from svn.
This can cause this problem since ib_ping was taken from svn (not par of
git) and since we never used it it may use the wrong interface to the
kernel sources coming from git.

This is the reason we changed to have all kernel sources from git in
coming OFED 1.1.

Tziporet