[openib-general] HCA not recognized by OFED

Cain, Brian (GE Healthcare) Brian.Cain at ge.com
Tue Aug 8 07:48:18 PDT 2006

	I installed OFED 1.0.1 on an Intel Alcolu-based system and
wasn't able to get any of the tools to recognize the HCA.  It's a
Mellanox (or maybe Intel?) "InfiniHost III Lx" (PSID INT_0010000001).
lspci indicates that its PCI ID is 15b3:538d.  Using Mellanox's firmware
tool, I was able to detect the card, dump its firmware image and upgrade
to a newer one.  The card is definitely present, but when I do a
ibv_devices, I get "Fatal: no infiniband class devices found."  `ls
/sys/class/infiniband` returns no results.  Grepping for "ib_" in
/var/log/* and `dmesg` returned nothing, too.

Running a FC based distro, kernel 2.6.15-2.4 (SMP, x86_64).

What other sources of info can I use to debug this problem?

--
-Brian