[openib-general] RDMA_READ SGE

Tom Tucker tom at opengridcomputing.com
Thu Aug 10 10:14:59 PDT 2006

Roland:

iWARP RNIC's have a different SGE limit for RDMA_READ response then they
do for other SGE. To support iWARP, we need to add a max_read_sge
attribute to the ib_device structure. We had originally mapped this to
max_sge_rd, but someone pointed out that this is not for RDMA_READ in
general, but for RDMA_READ_ATOMIC in particular.

In any event, we need to add this value to the ib_verbs.h structure so
that ULP know how to limit sge for the RDMA_READ sink.

Do you want me to submit a patch on top of Steve's, or do you want me to
wait until you've got the git tree built?

Thanks,
Tom