[openib-general] umad_recv won't block after first read...

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Fri Aug 11 07:19:48 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 09:52, Abhijit Gadgil wrote:

> > > Section 15.2.5.12 on page 894 mentions this.
> > > Is this an old reference that should be deleted?
> >
> > That's InformInfoRecord which is different than InformInfo.
>
> Thanks, but it is not clear to me when the InformInfoRecord is used
> instead of InformInfo? Can you please elaborate.

It's not "instead" of; it's in addition to. If you look at the SA
method/attribute table 190 on p. 890, you will see InformInfo is only
Set and InformInfoRecord is Get or GetTable. InformInfo is the actual
act of subscribing/unsubscribing. InformInfoRecord is used to see the
current subscriptions (most applications don't need this functionality).
They needed to be separate unlike other things since InformInfo was
defined in chapter 13 as a common attribute and reused by the SA. Make
sense ?

-- Hal