[openib-general] [Fwd: RE: IB mcast question]

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Aug 15 14:40:26 PDT 2006

>p.145 13) where it states that "Further, in addition to having the same
>MGID, all members of the multicast group must share the same P_Key and
>Q_Key.
>
>That is compliance per C4-3 on p. 143.

Thanks - my take is that the compliance breaks when the QPs are first created
with the wrong QKey.

Then, as Roland said, in order to support a QP using multiple multicast groups,
we need all QKeys to be the same (for the RDMA CM).  If we want to do anything
with port numbers, we probably need to fold those into the MGID.