[openib-general] openIB question

john t johnt1johnt2 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 23:01:57 PDT 2006

Hi,

I am new to openIB and have some questions.

- A QP has two work queues, send work queue and receive work queue. When
host A sends a data buffer to host B using a QP (RC), I want to know if data
is copied into the send work queue of host A and then into the receive work
queue of host B or is it only the address of data buffer that is pushed into
the send work q and receive work q.

- I want to develop an application (using uverbs or any such appropriate
tool) that uses raw datagrams. Basically I want to send an IB packet from
host A to host B and receive the entire IB packet (along with headers +
data) at host B. Is such a thing supported in openIB? Is there any example
which I can look at?

regards,
John T