[openib-general] openIB question

john t johnt1johnt2 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 01:47:21 PDT 2006

Hi Dotan,

Thanks for your prompt reply. The example that u specified takes address of
data buffer during send and receive and directly copies data into the data
buffer of target machine.

In my case, the target machine has 2 QPs on two different ports. It receives
data from one QP on one port and sends data (same data wihout modification)
through other QP on other port. I want to directly pass the data from one QP
to other QP without storing it locally.

The example code does not seem to support this. It first copies data to a
local buffer (which is not required in my case) and only then it could send
it over other QP. Is there a more efficient way to do this?

regards,
John T