[openib-general] [Fwd: RE: IB mcast question]

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Wed Aug 16 06:59:56 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 14:40 -0700, Sean Hefty wrote:

> Then, as Roland said, in order to support a QP using multiple multicast groups,
> we need all QKeys to be the same (for the RDMA CM).  If we want to do anything
> with port numbers, we probably need to fold those into the MGID.
>
> - Sean

Ok, (now that I've crawled back out of my qkey rathole ;-), what's the
plan for fixing this?  I suggest we get it working with a single qkey
and not worry about trying to support the UDP/IP/mcast port concept:

Proposal:

- UD QPs created via librdma will have the same qkey
- mcast groups created via librdma will use this same qkey as well
- qkey value will not have the high order bit set

Sound good?