[openib-general] Question about QP's in timewait state and CM stale conn rejects

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Tue Aug 22 02:46:31 PDT 2006

Roland Dreier wrote:
>     Sean> If we record a base offset, we can start at any random
>     Sean> number.  We just need to always add/subtract the base when
>     Sean> getting a value from the IDR.
>
> Good point -- or better still, we could XOR in a random bit pattern.
> That way we don't have to keep straight when to add and when to subtract.

Cool, I would go for XOR-ing a random value with the **local id** .

Sean, my understanding it can be narrowed for doing so in:

1) cm_alloc_id() after calling idr_get_new_above()
2) cm_free_id() before calling idr_remove()
3) cm_get_id() before calling idr_find()

and initializing the random value we XOR in ib_cm_init()

What do you think?

Or.