[openib-general] basic IB doubt

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Aug 24 13:57:39 PDT 2006

>OK, great. I'm fine with people using things which are supported, but
>then we need the big, blinking "Warning! This program is non-standard, and
>won't work with many of the devices supported by Open Fabrics!" sign.

If an application were written to use Myrinet, would you consider it
non-standard?  The application is simply written to take advantage of specific
hardware.  It's up to the application to verify that the hardware that they're
using provides the required features, or adjust accordingly, and publish those
requirements to the end users.