[openib-general] Introducing the MasterCard SecureCode

MasterCard customer_service at mastercard.com
Fri Aug 25 03:45:11 PDT 2006

 - This mail is a HTML mail. Not all elements could be shown in plain text mode. -

MasterCard SecureCode - Introduction
Dear valued MasterCard customer,
MasterCard is proud to announce the new online safe shopping solution, the MasterCard SecureCode program. This service is totally free, and it will keep you safe and secure, and protect you from unauthorized payments made trough the internet.
How does MasterCard SecureCode work?
Once you've registered and created your own private SecureCode, you will be automatically prompted by your financial institution at checkout to provide your SecureCode each time you make a purchase with a participating online merchant. Your SecureCode is quickly confirmed by your financial institution and then your purchase is completed. Your SecureCode will never be shared with the merchant. It's just like entering your PIN at an ATM.
How does MasterCard SecureCode protect me?
When you correctly enter your SecureCode during a purchase at a participating online merchant, you confirm that you are the authorized cardholder and your purchase is then completed. If an incorrect SecureCode is entered, the purchase will not be completed. Even if someone knows your credit or debit card number, the purchase cannot be completed without your SecureCode at a participating merchant.
What are the system requirements for MasterCard SecureCode?
MasterCard SecureCode works with most browsers. Please be advised software which prevents pop-up windows may interfere with your use of SecureCode.
How many cards can I register with MasterCard SecureCode?
We encourage you to register all of your MasterCard cards. There is no limit on how many cards you can register.
Sign Up for MasterCard SecureCode! Click here!