[openib-general] Interrupt Threshold Rate equivalent in Infiniband NIC

Aaron Fabbri aafabbri at cisco.com
Wed Aug 30 16:29:45 PDT 2006

Roland Dreier <rdreier <at> cisco.com> writes:

>     harish> Hi, The interruptThresholdRate module parameter allows you
>     harish> to control the maximum number of interrupts/sec for an
>     harish> e1000 Intel NIC for example. Is there an equivalent
>     harish> parameter for Infiniband NICs. I am using a Mellanox
>     harish> Infiniband NIC. Please let me know if you need any more
>     harish> information.
>
> There is no such equivalent for IB.

I agree there is no equivalent to a rate limiter.  I do recall there is (or was)
an interrupt timer that you can set when you burn the firmware on the Mellanox
HCAs.  IIRC, it could be used to limit the interrupt rate, but the way it is
implemented it can add latency.  If you don't care about latency you could try
it out.  Ask Mellanox for specifics.

Aaron