[openib-general] ibv_poll_cq

Dotan Barak dotanb at dev.mellanox.co.il
Thu Aug 31 00:12:52 PDT 2006

Hi.

john t wrote:
> Hi Dotan
>
> Is there a way to know if the two QPs (local and remote) are in sync
> or to wait for them to get in sync and then do the data transfer.
>
> I think in my case it is more like one QP is sending the message but
> the other end (receiver) is not in RTR state at that time (since
> sender and receiver are implemented as threads, may be receiver thread
> on the other machine is getting scheduled very late).
>
> Is there a way where I can specifiy infinite retry_count/timeout or
> find out if remote QP is in RTR state (or error state) and only then
> do the actual data tranfer.

Sorry, but the answer is no: there isn't any way for a local QP to know
the state of the remote QP .
This is exactly the role of the CM: to sync between the two QPs and to
move the various attributes between the two sides.

how do you connect the two QPs?
(are you using the CM or a socket based communication?)

Dotan