[openib-general] openMPI for 2.6.17.10 kernel

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Fri Dec 1 09:04:42 PST 2006

Matt wrote,
>  OMPI also has a uDAPL network device (along with a device that uses
>verbs directly).  So if we just use OMPI uDAPL it should work over
>iWarp?

>  - Matt

This should just work. (famous last words).
For OFED 1.2, since the iWarp support will be in the base
kernel (2.6.19), it should be easier to test to make sure that uDAPL
works both over IB and iWarp as expected. Once this is tested and
any issues fixed, Intel MPI, HPMPI, and OMPI (if it has a uDAPL driver)
should all work over iWarp in addition to IB.

woody