[openib-general] openMPI for 2.6.17.10 kernel

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Wed Dec 6 10:27:32 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 10:03 -0800, david elsen wrote:
> Shaun / Steve,
>
> To pass the "librdmacm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or
> >> directory" error message, LD_RUN_PATH also need to be set.
>
> Anyway, after I am able to run the mvapich2 0.9.8-Release, I am trying
> to figure out how to run the various nenchmark tests using this MPI
> tool.
>
> Has anyone run the Pallas tool with the OSC MPI or OpenMPI. I also
> want to run the OSC benchmark tests. Any guideline availabvle for
> these please?
> Thanks,
> David

I've run IMB benchmarks (aka pallas) on mvapich2 0.9.8 over iwarp.   The
mvapich2 user guide explains how to start up mpd daemons and use
mpiexec.  Its fairly straight forward.  You need ssh or rsh access and
you need to setup a few files.

Then pull down IMB and build it.

To run 2 node IMB-MPI1 tests, you do something like this:

$ mpdboot -n 2
$ mpiexec -n 2 <path-to-imb>/IMB-MPI1

This will run the entire MPI1 suite.

Steve.