[openib-general] Assigning IP addresses to IB interfaces

Adit Ranadive adit.262 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 13:26:18 PST 2006

I tried assigining IP addresses to IB interfaces - ifconfig ib1 10.0.0.1
ifconfig ib1 10.0.0.2 on the other machine
Did a "ping 10.0.0.2 -I ib1" from the first - it says destination host
unreachable.

Is there anything specific to be done for being able to ping between
the 2 interfaces?

Thanks,
Adit

--