[openib-general] [ANNOUNCE] - Chelsio T3 Git Repositories

Steve WIse swise at opengridcomputing.com
Sun Dec 10 15:15:15 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 16:24 -0600, Steve Wise wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 14:21 -0800, Woodruff, Robert J wrote:
> > Steve wrote,
> > >Yea maybe.  For now, you get everything I need to make cxgb3 run on
> > >2.6.19.  I'll think about the multiple branch approach.
> >
> > The issue is this. I am working on putting together an OFA integration
> > tree that integrates several components from several different
> > developers.
> > The same will be true when we start to integrate code into OFED 1.2.
> > Most code will come from Linus's tree, but some code will need to
> > come directly from the developer's git trees and we will need
> > a way to generate a patch for only your code, as we will get things like
> > the local_sa cache code directly from Sean's.
> >
> > So if you can make a branch that only contains the cxgb3 code, it makes
> > generating a patch with only your code easier, and this will be needed
> > both for my early OFA integration work and also for OFED 1.2.
> > Once your code is upstream, life is easier as we will get it from
> > linus, until then we'd like a way to patch the existing released kernel
> > (2.6.19 in this case) with your code.
> >
> > make sense ?
>
> I understand.

I've updated the tree and it now includes 2 branches:  cxgb3 and
cxgb3_prereqs.  To see only the Chelsio T3 drivers (with needed
infiniband/core changes):

git-diff --patch-with-stat cxgb3_prereqs cxgb3

The cxgb3_prereqs branch includes anything I want in my tree for testing
the chelsio code.  Currently that includes krping and Sean's ucma code.
BTW: the IWCM core fixes are now in linus's tree so I no longer  need
them explicitly.  The cxgb3 branch includes all from the cxgb3_prereqs
branch plus all the T3 drivers under review now.

NOTE:  This git tree is backed against Linus's tree and I merged up to
his latest on 12/8.  So it's past 2.6.19 and now depends on changes that
are post 2.6.19 (the workqueue changes).

Steve.