[openib-general] [ANNOUNCE]OFA Component Early Integration Test Tree

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Mon Dec 11 10:52:13 PST 2006

At SC'06 developer's summit in Tampa, we had some discussion of having
an
early integration-test tree (kind of like the MM tree) for early testing
of
new infiniband components. I have started to look at putting together
such a tree
that contains Sean's latest uCMA, local sa cache, multicast code, and
the
IPoIB_CM code, at least for my own testing. If others are interested in
trying this stuff out before it gets into OFED or the kernel.org tree,
they can clone my ofa_integration tree at,

~woody/scm/ofa-integration

The merged code is in the integration-test branch.

My merge script also creates a single patch from the integration-test
branch using

git-diff linux-2.6.19 integration-test >
./infiniband-ofa-mmddyy-for-linux-2.6.19.patch

that people could take and just apply against a
stock 2.6.19 kernel. These are in my top level directory,
~woody

Not sure if these patches would be useful to anyone else, but if they
are, we could figure out a way to publish them for use by the
greater community, or people could always just generate the patch
themselves using git-diff.

So far I have tested the
~woody/infiniband-ofa-1207006-for-linux-2.6.19.patch
which contains Sean's local_sa cache, uCMA, and the IPoIB_CM code.

The ~woody/infiniband-ofa-1211006-for-linux-2.6.19.patch has the loca_sa
cache,
uCMA, IPoIB_CM, and Sean Multicast code. I just created this one, the
merge
went ok, but I have yet to test it.

If other people would like to add some new kernel code to this tree to
test
with other components that are under development, I can add your code.
What I need to do this is for you to publish a git tree based on 2.6.19
(the release kernel)
that has your code (and only your code) in a branch, such that one could
create a self contained patch that would apply to a stock 2.6.19 kernel
using
git-diff. e.g.,
git-diff linux-2.6.19 mybranch
would create a self contained patch of your code.
This should allow me to easily merge the code into my tree.
If your git tree contains changes to other core infiniband code or is
based
on something other than the release 2.6.19 kernel.org kernel, I cannot
use it,
since I cannot easily merge it with the other experimental components
that
are based on 2.6.19.

If people think that this would be of value to the wider community,
I will add something to the wiki to explain how to get the tree and the
userspace code that matches this kernel code.

woody