[openib-general] Unreliable OpemSM failover

Venkatesh Babu venkatesh.babu at 3leafnetworks.com
Mon Dec 11 11:14:00 PST 2006

Hal Rosenstock wrote:

>I was interested in the one on Node1 when it appeared to be trying to
>exit (which it shouldn't be but is) and the other threads don't seem to
>terminate.

  Let me see if I can reproduse it again. First thing I will capture the
core file, so that it can be investigated later.

>>  How do I findout the thread_state value ?
>>

>It's a variable in the SM structure (in the SM thread).

  I found this variable in osm_vl15intf.h:osm_vl15_t. I will get this
thread_state value next time.

>One more thing:
>
>When you upgraded to OFED 1.2, did you build and install the management
>libraries (libibcommon, libibumad are important here and libibmad for
>diags) ?

  I upgraded from OFED 1.0 to OFED 1.1 (not OFED 1.2). I built all these
libraries and installed it.

 VBabu