[openib-general] [ANNOUNCE] - Chelsio T3 Git Repositories

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Mon Dec 11 11:13:06 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 09:45 -0800, Woodruff, Robert J wrote:
> Steve Wrote,
> >NOTE:  This git tree is backed against Linus's tree and I merged up to
> >his latest on 12/8.  So it's past 2.6.19 and now depends on changes
> that
> >are post 2.6.19 (the workqueue changes).
>
> >Steve.
>
> Do you plan on only supporting the Chelsio driver for 2.6.20+ kernels
> or do plan on providing backport patches for earlier kernels ?
>
> woody

Hey Roland, is there a preferred way to handle this?  IE whats the best
was of keeping a 2.6.19 based patch set while also trying to merge your
patches into the latest from linus's tree?

I guess I can create a branch with a HEAD at 2.6.19 and back-port my
latest patch set.  Is that the best way?  Maybe a for-ofed branch?

Steve.