[openib-general] libsdp: RFC changing libsdp.conf location

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Mon Dec 11 14:02:34 PST 2006

 > How do other RPM packages with .conf file handle upgrading the .conf
 > file?

You mark the config file with %config or %config(noreplace) in the
spec file.  With %config, RPM will move the old config to .rpmsave (if
the old config was edited) and with %config(noreplace), RPM will put
the new config file in .rpmnew (if the old file was edited).

I definitely think RPM packages should install sane defaults into
their /etc/*.conf files.

As a side note it doesn't make any sense to me for OFED RPMs to put
stuff in /usr/local/ofed rather than the standard prefix.

 - R.