[openib-general] Performance Degradation with OFED v. Voltaire

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Thu Dec 14 09:31:45 PST 2006

>  > I think Eric described the major differences earlier on, here it is, see
>  > second half:
>
> OK, I forgot about that.
>
> I guess one last thing to check would be the MTU being used for the RC
> connections.  Since this is PCI-X HW then the MTU should be 1024 for
> best throughput (instead of the max MTU of 2048).

The MTU issue is described in the OFED release notes.
You must turn the Tavor work-around for it on in opensm.
This was introduced late in release cycle to it was deemed safer
to make it off by default.

By the way, Eitan, Hal, can we turn this on by default now?
This was we'll get more feedback from people, and we'll still have
time to turn it off before release if this unexpectedly creates issues.

--
MST