[openib-general] SA MADs and Cisco SM

Raleigh F Rinehart raleigh at systemfabricworks.com
Thu Dec 14 12:07:02 PST 2006

Hi All,
I am developing an API that uses SA MADs to create and get
ServiceRecords.  I am using the OFED1.1 mad and umad libraries.
Everything works flawlessly with OpenSM.  However if I run in a fabric
that is using the SM embedded in a Cisco/Topspin switch, queries
(SubnAdmGetTable) for ServiceRecords fail with a status 110 (ETIMEDOUT).
Since I don't have direct access to the switch and logs I can't tell
what is going on from the switch, I am working on getting those logs
asap.  However I was wondering if there were any known issues with
interoperability, or functionality with OpenIB and the Cisco SM?

Any ideas or pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
-raleigh