[openib-general] DNS changes

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Fri Dec 22 12:31:08 PST 2006

In order to move on to the next phase of the server transition, we
have made some changes to the OFA DNS.  Most users should not notice
the changes (if you encounter any problems, please let me know ASAP);
the gist of it is that we have a few more names that are slowly
creeping their way around the world:

ssh.openfabrics.org
svn.openfabrics.org
git.openfabrics.org
lists.openfabrics.org
wiki.openfabrics.org
bugs.openfabrics.org
www2.openfabrics.org

All of these point to the new server.  "www2" is only for testing
purposes; it will eventually go away when "www" is switched to point
to the new server.

Back-end services are not yet hooked up to these names; we'll do that
in the not-distant future (probably in the new year at this point).

Also note that the name "staging.openfabrics.org" will eventually go
away -- at some point after all the new names are in place and the
dust has settled.  There will be adequate warning before this occurs
(so that you can get new git checkouts, etc.), so consider this an
early warning.

Happy holidays!

--
Jeff Squyres