[openib-general] tavor quirks etc (opensm compliance etc)

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Sun Dec 24 05:36:23 PST 2006

Hi Eitan,

On Sun, 2006-12-24 at 07:35, Eitan Zahavi wrote:
> Hi Or,
>
> Sorry it took me a while.
>
> According to the IBTA spec:
> 1. In order for MTU and MTUSelector to have any effect their component
> mask bits MUST be set to 1 in the query
> 2. Behavior of the SM is defined with small "freedom" to choose between
> multiple matching MTU values if they exist.

I agree in general but would like to be sure about the details. Please
be specific as to what IBA spec text you are referring to.

> 3. The table below summarizes all options:
>
> Assuming the value M represents the lowest MTU on the path

Is M the lowest available MTU or the highest available MTU for that path
?

> We denote by M-1 the MTU value one level below M (e.g. 1K if M=2K)
> R represents the MTU value in the request. Similarly R-1 is one below R
> and R+1 is one above R.
>
> Query-MTU | Query-Sel | Resp by Spec     | OpenSM Should  | OpenSM Quirk
> w. Tavor End Port
> UNDEFINED | UNDEFINED | <= M             | M              | min(M,1K)
> R         | <         | <= min(R-1, M)   | min(R-1, M)    | min(R-1, M, 1K)
> R         | =         | R if M>=R /ERR   | R if M>=R /ERR | R if M>=R /ERR
> R         | >         | R < <= M         | R+1 if M>R /ERR| R+1 if M>R /ERR
                          ^^^^^^^^
For the R> spec response column, I think you are saying the same as:
                       >R AND <=M if M>R /ERR
                         or
                       R < x <=M if M>R /ERR
                       where x is resp value

I agree with this table given the redefinition of M above and R > spec
response interpretation.

-- Hal