[openib-general] libsdp.conf placement

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Tue Dec 26 04:06:00 PST 2006

> >> Unfortunately autotools are not doing the right thing.
> >> Quoting from libsdp Makefile.am:
> >> AM_CFLAGS = -Wall -DSYSCONFDIR=\"$(sysconfdir)\"
> >>
> >> And then internally in the port.c code:
> >> #define LIBSDP_DEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE  SYSCONFDIR "/libsdp.conf"
> >>
> >> Somehow when you run ./configure you get $prefix/etc as the $sysconfdir
> >>

> > So, that's what all other libraries that use autotools will get
> > (e.g. libibverbs) and that's the best default place then.
> >
> > If we want to, OFED can override sysconfdir with a configure switch, can it not?
> >
> Yes it can but some people might want to upgrade just libsdp. For those
> I would preferably use a more reasonable sysconfig then $prefix/etc

I think these people can use a configure switch, too (updating
just libsdp without OFED needs playing with configure switches anyway,
because of all the 64/32 bit situation).

My point is, let's not mess with the defaults unless strictly necessary -
otherwise libibverbs config is in one place, and libsdp is in another,
and its a mess.

--
MST