[openib-general] SVN deprecation

Tziporet Koren tziporet at dev.mellanox.co.il
Thu Dec 28 07:31:57 PST 2006

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> I propose "svn rm"'ing unused trees in the SVN repository and leaving
> README files indicating that everything has moved to git (remember:
> everything is still available via the SVN history).  If no one has
> any objections, I'll do this on Friday, 5 Jan 2007.
>
> ** PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY and send in your comments!
> Otherwise, things may disappear from SVN that you didn't expect.
>
> UNKNOWN whether to keep or remove:
> (i.e., they seem to have "recent" development)
>
> DEVELOPER  MTIME     PATH
> ---------  --------  ----------------------------------
> dotanb     Dec 2006  /trunk/contrib/mellanox
> vlad       Dec 2006  /gen2/trunk/ofed
> swise      Oct 2006  /gen2/branches/iwarp
> hnguyen    Sep 2006  /trunk/contrib/ibm
> amitk      Sep 2006  /gen2/branches/1.0
> vlad       Sep 2006  /gen2/branches/ofed_fixes
> monil      Sep 2006  /gen2/branches/backport
> woody      Sep 2006  /gen2/branches/backport-to-2.6.9
> halr       May 2006  /gen2/branches/ibat
> mst        Jul 2006  /gen2/branches/mellanox_fixes
>
> KEEP the following:
> ===================
>
> - /gen2/branches/1.1: by request (Tziporet)
>
> REMOVE the following:
> =====================
>
> In short, everything will be removed except what was listed above.
> However, to be explicit, some more entries are listed below.
>
> (*) entries mean "everything except what was already listed above"
>
> Remove these trees based on the fact that they haven't changed in a
> long time:
>
> MTIME     PATH
> --------- ------------------------------
> Apr 2006  /trunk/contrib/*
> Apr 2006  /trunk/branches/*
> Apr 2006  /gen2/ulps
> Apr 2006  /gen2/branches/*
> Mar 2006  /gen2/users
> May 2005  /gen1
> Jan 2005  /gen2/trunk/arch
> Dec 2004  /gen2/utils
> Nov 2004  /gen2/trunk/scripts
> Jul 2004  /tags
> Apr 2004  /trunk/openib

There are some important directories under /trunk/contrib/mellanox so
please don't remove them:
gen1/ib_srpt - this is the srp target code Mellanox opened - Vu can you
open a git tree with it instead?
ibtp/
<https://staging.openfabrics.org/svn/openib/trunk/contrib/mellanox/ibtp/>
- these are tests we posted - Dotan - can you create git tree for the tests

Please also save gen2/branches/1.0/ since it was used for 1.0 release

thanks
Tziporet