[openib-general] relocation error / link time reference error

Sean Hubbell sean.hubbell at dbresearch.net
Fri Feb 3 06:50:24 PST 2006

Hello,

  I have just updated my kernel to 2.6.15 and updated openib as well
(tools as well as  the driver). When I run the tools like ibping I get
the following error:

ibping: relocation error: ibping: symbol argv0 version IBCOMMON_1.0 not
defined in file libibcommon.so.1 with link time reference.

Running ldd on ibping points to the latest ib libraries that I compiled
this morning (the code itself is from 2 days ago).

Has anyone see this as well and does anyone have an idea for a fix?

Sean Hubbell