[dat-discussions] [openib-general] [RFC] DAT 2.0 immediate dataproposal

Davis, Arlin R arlin.r.davis at intel.com
Mon Feb 6 10:25:09 PST 2006

Arkady,

Your requirements are slightly different then the proposed set of
requirements.

"iii) DAPL Provider does not provide any identification that that the
Receive operation matches remote RDMA Write with Immediate data if it
completes as Receive DTO.

	- It is up to an ULP to separate Receive completion of remote
Send from remote RDMA Write with 	  Immediate Data."

Tell me how this is possible? How can the application distinguish
between a 4 byte message and a 4 byte immediate data message? We would
have to add a new requirement... "If the provider supports immediate
data in the payload the ULP cannot send a message equal to the immediate
data size".

-arlin