[openib-general] relocation error / link time reference error

Sean Hubbell shubbell at qube3.dbresearch.net
Mon Feb 6 18:46:37 PST 2006

---------- Original message ----------
Date: 05 Feb 2006 11:44:52 -0500
From: Hal Rosenstock <halr at voltaire.com>
To: Sean Hubbell <shubbell at dbresearch.net>
Subject: Re: [openib-general] relocation error / link time reference error

On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 09:40, Sean Hubbell wrote:
> Hal,
>
>   I removed and rebuilt everything.

And everything's OK now ?

-- Hal

Nope, I still have the link time reference problem. I'll download the latest svn tree again in the morning and rebuild. How do you typically download and rebuild? Here are the steps that I follow:
1) Download the openib code.
2) Copy a version of the Kernel Source Tree and copy over the infiniband directory to the drivers dir.
3) Removed the include/rdma directory and all of the .svn directories
4) Get a second version of the Kernel Source Tree and build a patch file for the infiniband changes.
5) I add the patch file to the linux-2.6.15.spec file
6) I rebuild the kernel (rpm based kernel) and then install the rpms (smp, numa, ...).
7) I reboot.
8) I then remove all of the openib modules
9) I then rebuilt openib tools from the commands listed on the wiki FAQ.
10) That's it ...

How do you rebuilt openib? Do you pull from a particular tag or the trunk? If anyone has a better way to build the kernel, please let me know. I only want to make sure that I can built it as an rpm because I like the ability to figure out what file goes with what package. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again for all of the help Hal.

Sean Hubbell